If you are trying to live permanently in a foreign country there are various options. Call us, the faster you understand your options the more probabilities you may have.
– Non-Immigrant Visas
We work with clients to prepare and submit visa applications in multiple nonimmigrant visa categories including:
- O (persons of extraordinary ability)
- E-1/2 (treaty traders/investors)
- E-3 (Australian professionals in specialty occupations)
- TN (NAFTA professional workers)
- P (certain athletes and entertainers)
- L-1 (intra-company transferees)
- H-1B (professionals in specialty occupations)
- H-1B1 (Chilean and Singaporean professionals in specialty occupations)
- K-1 (Nonimmigrant visa for Fiancée of U.S. Citizens)
- R (Religious workers)
We also advise our clients as to what visa might be more appropriate in relation to their short- and long-term goals.
U.S. Consular Representation
We offer our clients assistance with their consular matters. Our services include:
- Preparing visa applications.
- Making fee payments.
- Document review and compliance.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Expedited and VIP U.S. Consular services, where permitted
- Consular filing of immigrant petitions for alien relatives and immigrant visa processing assistance.
- Filing abandonment of legal permanent residence applications and returning resident applications.
- Preparing and filing applications for waivers of inadmissibility
- Assisting with U.S. citizenship matters, including reports of births abroad, first-time or renewal passport applications and relinquishments of citizenship
We assist clients in available avenues to acquire permanent residence (“green cards”) in employment-based green card categories, including EB-1 priority workers; EB-2 advanced degree professionals; and EB-3 professional, skilled and unskilled workers.
We also assist with petitions for permanent residence for family members and prepare applications for adjustment of status in the United States or visa processing abroad, including accompanying our clients to interviews with immigration officers in the United States.
We provide advise U.S citizens or green card holders that wish to sponsor their family members for U.S. residency.
Post-Permanent Residence Guidance
Following attainment of permanent resident status, we advise clients on aspects such as removal of conditions for conditional permanent residents, what could make them inadmissible or deportable during the status as legal permanent residents, the effect of international assignments related to employment, re-entry permit requests, and applications for U.S Citizenship.
Advice on the Immigration Implications of Criminal Activity
Foreign nationals charged or convicted of criminal offenses can face severe consequences to their status in the United States. These could include deportation from the United States, inadmissibility for returning residents, or affecting the possibility of obtaining citizenship in the future. There are many factors to consider such as the time of the conviction, whether it was a violation of a state or federal statute, availability of a waiver, among others.
At De Jesus & Casiano we can review a client’s criminal record and advise as to the immigration consequences, available waivers or any other form of relief. We can also assist criminal defense attorneys in evaluating plea negotiations and their possible immigration consequences.